Posted Wed Jan 16, 2019 at 08:20 AM PST by Tom Landy
The magical sequel is due in stores this March.
At the end of the first film, the powerful Dark wizard Gellert Grindelwald (Johnny Depp) was captured by MACUSA (Magical Congress of the United States of America), with the help of Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne). But, making good on his threat, Grindelwald escaped custody and has set about gathering followers, most unsuspecting of his true agenda: to raise pure-blood wizards up to rule over all non-magical beings.
In an effort to thwart Grindelwald’s plans, Albus Dumbledore (Jude Law) enlists his former student Newt Scamander, who agrees to help, unaware of the dangers that lie ahead. Lines are drawn as love and loyalty are tested, even among the truest friends and family, in an increasingly divided wizarding world.
The 4K release will feature Dolby Vision HDR, and both editions will include a Dolby Atmos soundtrack along with the following supplements:
• J.K. Rowling: A World Revealed
• Wizards on Screen, Fans in Real Life
• Distinctly Dumbledore
• Unlocking Scene Secrets: The Return to Hogwarts
• Unlocking Scene Secrets: Newt’s Menagerie
• Unlocking Scene Secrets: Credence, Nagini and the Circus Arcanus
• Unlocking Scene Secrets: Paris and Place Cachée
• Unlocking Scene Secrets: Ministere des Affaires Magiques
• Unlocking Scene Secrets: Grindelwald's Escape and the Ring of Fire
• Deleted Scenes
The 4K UHD Combo Pack and the Blu-ray Combo pack will also include an extended cut of the film with more than seven minutes of deleted scenes added (available as a digital download), plus an audio introduction by director David Yates.
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.