Posted Thu Jul 25, 2019 at 04:59 PM PDT by Tom Landy
The original animated movie and the new live-action remake will hit both formats in September (and digital August 27).
Disney's Aladdin, the thrilling and vibrant live-action adaptation of the studio's animated classic, lands in homes on Digital in HD, 4K Ultra HD™ and Movies Anywhere on Aug. 27, and physically on 4K UHD Blu-ray, Blu-ray™ and DVD on Sept. 10. Fans of all ages will enjoy the exciting, humorous tale of the lovable “street rat,” Aladdin (Mena Massoud), courageous and self-determined Princess Jasmine (Naomi Scott) and the larger-than-life Genie (Will Smith) with all-new bonus features. The release of the live-action adventure coincides with the addition of the original animated classic to the highly celebrated Walt Disney Signature Collection — granting Aladdin fans everywhere the opportunity to own both magical movies.
Extras explore elements of Aladdin that audiences adore, from the film’s treasured, iconic award-winning music to its beloved characters and their hilarious antics on and off screen. Viewers get the first look at an all-new song “Desert Moon,” deleted from the final film, written by eight-time Academy Award® winning composer Alan Menken and Oscar®-and Tony Award®-winning songwriters Benj Pasek and Justin Paul (“The Greatest Showman,” “La La Land”). Features document Guy Ritchie’s joyful, easy-going approach to directing that led to movie magic; Will Smith’s fresh take on the infamous shape-shifting blue entity confined to an oil lamp; Naomi Scott’s powerful performance as the spirited princess who yearns to lead the people of Agrabah; and the indescribable feeling of playing Aladdin chronicled personally by Mena Massoud. Deleted scenes and a blooper reel round out the fun.
In addition, early owners of Aladdin gain access to exclusive bonus features. Fans who pre-purchase will receive a feature showcasing the making of the massive musical number “Prince Ali,” and those who bring home the film first on Digital will secure an exclusive extra detailing the creation of Jasmine’s new song “Speechless.”
• ALADDIN’S VIDEO JOURNAL: A NEW FANTASTIC POINT OF VIEW – Watch behind-the-scenes moments captured by Mena Massoud (Aladdin) in this fun, fast-paced look at his personal journey.
• DELETED SONG: “DESERT MOON” – Experience a moving duet performed by Jasmine and Aladdin, fully shot and edited, with an introduction by Alan Menken.
• GUY RITCHIE: A CINEMATIC GENIE – Discover why director Guy Ritchie was the perfect filmmaker to tackle this exhilarating reimagining of a beloved classic.
• A FRIEND LIKE GENIE – Discover how Will Smith brings talent, experience and his own personal magic to the iconic role of Genie.
• DELETED SCENES
• BLOOPERS – Laugh along with the cast and crew in this lighthearted collection of outtakes from the set.
• MUSIC VIDEOS
o "Speechless" – Music video performed by Naomi Scott
o “A Whole New World” – Music video performed by ZAYN and Zhavia Ward
o “ A Whole New World” (“Un Mundo Ideal”) – Music video performed by ZAYN and Becky G.
Embark on a magic carpet ride with the entire family when Disney’s original animated classic Aladdin soars into the highly celebrated Walt Disney Signature Collection, granting nonstop laughs, action-packed adventure and Academy Award®–winning music (1992: Best Music, Original Song, “A Whole New World,” Original Score) for the first time in 4K Ultra HD™. The Signature Collection Edition of Aladdin takes flight two weeks early in 4K Ultra HD™, Digital in HD and Movies Anywhere Aug. 27 and lands on 4K Ultra HD™ and Blu-ray™ Sept. 10 — with a brand-new sing-along version; all-new bonus features, including original cast recordings; and classic bonus material. The arrival coincides with the in-home release of 2019’s live-action film adaptation Aladdin, granting fans everywhere the opportunity to own both magical movies.
The Signature Collection Edition invites every member of the family to join Genie, Aladdin and Jasmine to belt out the unforgettable songs from Aladdin — such as “A Whole New World,” “Friend Like Me” and “Prince Ali” — through a new sing-along version. Other fresh features include a walk down memory lane with Scott Weinger (speaking voice of Aladdin) as he reflects on his personal journey portraying the diamond in the rough and meeting with the original cast and filmmakers, and one jump into the recording booth during the original recording sessions. Digital exclusive features legendary animator Eric Goldberg reminiscing about drawing Genie. Also included are hours of classic bonus gems, from hilarious outtakes with the legendary Robin Williams (voice of Genie) to an in-depth discussion with directors John Musker and Ron Clements.
• NEW Sing Along With The Movie – Sing along to your favorite tunes as you watch the film. With magical on-screen lyrics.
• NEW Aladdin on Aladdin – Join the speaking voice of Aladdin, Scott Weinger (“Fuller House”), as he reflects on almost 30 years of being Aladdin.
• NEW “Let’s Not Be Too Hasty”: The Voices of “Aladdin” – Take your seat in the recording booth and watch as the voice actors of “Aladdin” work their microphone magic.
• NEW Alternate Endings – Enter the realm of “what if” and see just how differently the movie could have ended.
• Drawing Genie – Join prolific animator Eric Goldberg as he draws and reminices about the Genie. (DIGITAL EXCLUSIVE)
CLASSIC BONUS – Revisit over 40 exciting bonus features from previous releases including:
• The Genie Outtakes
• “Aladdin”: Creating Broadway Magic
• Unboxing “Aladdin”
Disney’s tale of the lovable “street rat,” Aladdin, self determined Princess Jasmine and the all-powerful Genie has remained a family favorite for over a quarter of a century. It all began with the animated classic Aladdin, the highest-grossing film of 1992 and a two-time Academy Award®–winner, and continued with the hit Broadway musical Aladdin and 2019’s live-action film adaptation Aladdin, directed by Guy Ritchie and starring Will Smith as Genie, Mena Massoud as Aladdin and Naomi Scott as Jasmine.
You can find the latest specs for Aladdin linked from our 4K and Blu-ray Release Schedules, where it is indexed under September 10.
See what people are saying about this story in our forums area, or check out other recent discussions.
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.