This disc has not yet been reviewed. The following information has been provided by the distributor.
This special limited edition slipbox + dual slipcover set (like Flesh For Frankenstein) was designed by Tony Stella & Earl Kess and contains four discs:
UHD disc1: THRILLER uncut festival version (108min)
UHD disc2: THEY CALL HER ONE EYE original English language version (90min)
BD disc1: THRILLER
BD disc2: THEY CALL HER ONE EYE + Special Features
Rendered mute after being sexually assaulted as a youth, Madeleine (sexploitation superstar, Christina Lindberg) lives an isolated existence in her parents' farmhouse. Missing the bus on her way to town one day, Madeleine accepts a lift from a wealthy and charming stranger named Tony. What starts off as an innocent meeting soon takes a nightmarish turn when Madeleine learns that Tony is really a sadistic pimp on the make, who soon enslaves her into his prostitution racket by forcing her to become dependent on heroin. After refusing to service a client, Tony punishes Madeleine by violently blinding her in one eye, forcing her to wear an eyepatch. Despite her limited means, Madeleine secretly saves money to undergo karate and weapons training behind Tony's back. Once she reaches lethal proficiency, Madeleine embarks on a bloody road to revenge against her captors...
From maverick Swedish director, Bo Arne Vibenius, THRILLER – A CRUEL PICTURE is indisputably one of Grindhouse cinema’s crown jewels. Filled with unforgettable moments of sleazy sex and vicious brutality, including one of the most jarring scenes in exploitation film history, Vinegar Syndrome is proud to unleash the definitive THRILLER experience on UHD for the very first time, lovingly assembled from a pristine 4K restoration of the fully uncensored 16mm camera negative, containing never before seen material. This special edition also contains a bounty of exclusive extra features, including the complete original English language version, THEY CALL HER ONE EYE (aka HOOKER’S REVENGE), containing alternate and extended footage not seen since the film’s 42nd Street playdates.
directed by: Bo Arne Vibenius
starring: Christina Lindberg, Heinz Hopf, Despina Tomazani, Solveig Andersson
1973 / 108min (uncut) and 90min (TCHOE) / 1.66:1 / Swedish & English Mono
• Region Free 4K Ultra HD x2 / Blu-ray x2 Set
• 4k UHD presented in High-Dynamic-Range
• Newly scanned & restored in 4k from it’s 16mm original camera negative
• Original Swedish Mono Audio for the uncut festival version of THRILLER
• Original, un-tampered with, English dub track for both versions
• "Thriller - A Cruel Documentary" - a 43 minute making-of documentary featuring narration by writer/director Bo Arne Vibenius and on camera interviews with: Christina Lindberg (star), Bo Sunnefeldt (stuntman), Lasse Lundgren (stuntman) and Gunnar Palm (actor)
• An interview with Christina Lindberg by filmmaker Adrian Garcia Bogliano in 2017
• A Q&A with Christina Lindberg from a November 11, 2017 screening of THRILLER at Alamo Drafthouse Cinema in Austin, TX
• Multiple theatrical trailers and TV spots (all newly scanned)
• Extensive gallery of production/publicity stills and advertising materials
• Additional extras TBD
• Reversible cover artwork
• English SDH subtitles