Posted Thu Sep 8, 2016 at 05:30 PM PDT by Steven Cohen
The internet TV service is now available on Windows 10 devices.
Sling TV has announced the launch of a new Windows 10 app. The app includes unique Windows features and uses the platform's recently updated interface.
"Enabling billions of hours of content consumption among tens of millions of users in the U.S., Windows 10 is a natural platform for Sling TV as we continue to make it easier and more convenient for consumers to access our service," said Roger Lynch, CEO of Sling TV. "We have invested significant resources and hours in creating a superior Sling TV experience on Windows 10 that highlights the platform’s unique features."
Sling TV offers live and on demand streaming content from a variety of channels, including networks like ESPN, ESPN2, AMC, A&E, TNT, HISTORY, H2, TBS, Food Network, HGTV, Travel Channel, IFC, El Rey, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Freeform, Disney Channel, CNN, Bloomberg TV, Local Now, Lifetime, Galavisión, and Comedy Central. Here's a rundown of the new Windows 10 app's unique features as detailed in the press release:
- Live Tiles: Easily see content from “favorites” and “continue watching” ribbons when Sling TV is pinned to the start menu.
- Cortana Voice Integration: Quickly search for specific shows or channels by voice with Cortana, Microsoft’s personal digital assistant.
- Vertical Menu: Windows 10 users will feel right at home with a vertical main menu on Sling TV.
- Responsive User Interface: Sling TV on Windows 10 uses a responsive UI, so the video automatically adapts to different sizes and snaps the app to use only half of the screen.
- Touch Compatibility: Sling TV works on both touch and non-touch Windows 10 devices.
"We're excited for customers to experience the Windows 10 Sling TV app, taking advantage of capabilities unique to our platform, such as Cortana voice commands and Live Tiles," said Tuula Rytila, corporate vice president, post sales monetization (PSM), Microsoft. "Microsoft continuously works with industry leading partners to bring high quality apps to the Windows Store and we're pleased to offer Sling TV as another way for consumers to experience live TV on Windows 10 devices."
The Sling TV Windows 10 app is now available from the Windows Store. Plans start at $20 per month and new users can receive a 7-day free trial. Beyond the new Windows 10 app, Sling TV is also available through Apple TV, Roku players, Roku TVs, the Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick, PCs, Macs, Xbox One, Android and iOS devices, and more.
Source: Sling TV via Business Wire
See what people are saying about this story in our forums area, or check out other recent discussions.
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.