Posted Mon Feb 6, 2017 at 06:30 AM PST by Steven Cohen
The new soundbar uses Alexa technology.
Naxa has announced the latest addition to its home audio lineup. The new NHS-5002 Soundbar is set for release in Q1 2017 for a suggested retail price of $150.
The 42 inch soundbar features two 10 W full range drivers and two 10 W low frequency subwoofers for a total output of 40 W RMS. In addition, the device includes Wi-Fi and Bluetooth wireless connectivity, along with optical, RCA stereo, and 3.5 mm AUX inputs. Likewise, users can control the unit's Wi-Fi functions through the Naxa app for iOS and Android products, and the soundbar can be used in a multi-room speaker configuration. Finally, the NHS-5002 also incorporates Amazon Alexa voice control with far-field microphones, allowing customers to play music, get information, news, sports scores, weather, and more through hands-free voice commands.
Here's a full rundown of key specs and features per Naxa:
- Number of Speakers: 4 (2 full-range + 2 low frequency)
- Total Speaker Output: 40 W
- Wireless Source: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth®
- Input Sources: Optical digital audio, RCA stereo audio, 3.5 mm AUX audio
- Tuners: FM
- Voice Assistant: Amazon Alexa (always on)
- Certified Services: Amazon Voice Services, Amazon Music, Spotify, iHeartRadio, Tidal, Rhapsody
- Microphone: Far-field
- Companion App: Naxa
- Companion App OS: iPhone®, Android™
- Multi-room Audio Support: Up to 6 speakers
- Power Adapter 1 In: AC 100-240 V
- Accessories Included: Remote control, AC power adapter, RCA stereo cable, 3.5 mm AUX cable
Beyond the new Naxa NHS-5002 Soundbar, Alexa voice control support can also be found in the Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Amazon Tap, Amazon Fire TV, and Fire tablet. Likewise, the technology will also be incorporated in Onkyo's upcoming VC-FLX1 smart speaker.
See what people are saying about this story in our forums area, or check out other recent discussions.
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.