Posted Wed Mar 8, 2017 at 05:00 PM PST by Steven Cohen
The upcoming SVOD platform promises to offer all your favorite cartoons in one place.
Turner and Warner Bros. have announced plans to launch a new ad-free subscription streaming service called Boomerang. The digital platform will serve as an extension of the traditional Boomerang TV channel, offering a similar lineup of content along with some exclusive titles.
Boomerang will provide access to a growing collection of cartoons from the company's animation library, including content from Hanna-Barbera, Looney Tunes, and MGM. Titles will be added weekly and content will include classic shows like 'Scooby-Doo,' 'Tom & Jerry,' 'The Jetsons,' and 'The Flintstones,' along with new exclusive original shows like 'Dorothy and the Wizard Of Oz' and 'Wacky Races.' Likewise, Boomerang will also be home to never before seen episodes of shows like 'New Looney Tunes' and 'Be Cool Scooby-Doo.'
Here's a full rundown of service highlights per the Boomerang website:
- New originals and classic shows you can't get anywhere else
- Shows you loved that your kids can watch with you
- New content added every week
- Full seasons of Scooby-Doo, Tom and Jerry and Looney Tunes
- Never before seen episodes of New Looney Tunes, Be Cool Scooby-Doo, Tom and Jerry, Bunnicula and more!
- More classics like the Flintstones, the Jetsons and much, much more
- All our new shows, classic cartoons and movies in one exclusive place
The Boomerang subscription streaming service is set to launch in the US on Web, iOS, and Android platforms this spring for $4.99 per month (with 7-day free trial) or $39.99 per year (with 30-day free trial). Support for more platforms is expected to be added later this year.
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.