Posted Fri Sep 16, 2016 at 09:30 AM PDT by Steven Cohen
A new UX design has been announced.
TiVo has revealed plans to introduce a next generation user interface. The updated UX has been designed with modern TVs and mobile screens in mind.
"Content is paramount to today's TV viewer, but finding what you want to watch has become increasingly difficult with the growing number of video providers. This was the impetus for the design of the new TiVo UX," said Margret Schmidt, Chief Design Officer at TiVo. "We are transforming TV viewing into an easy, personalized experience. The new UX brings the content the viewer wants right up front faster through expanded discovery and predictions from their own cable subscription and the best online video sources. In short, we designed this UX so the viewer spends less time searching channel guides and opening apps and more time enjoying their favorite shows."
The new TiVo UX will allow users to easily find content from a variety of sources with personalized recommendations and customizable shortcuts -- all through a visually appealing interface. Here's a rundown of key features for the new UX per the press release:
- Visually rich, appealing interface: With a superior new and modern visual display, the new UX puts content front and center, so that users can easily identify what they want to watch.
- Predictions: Beyond traditional recommendations, TiVo’s innovative new Prediction technology takes a user’s actual viewing habits and predicts the shows they most likely want to watch at that moment.
- Fast access to content: The new experience makes accessing content faster than ever. From Predictions to Recent Activity to What to Watch, TiVo minimizes clicks to content.
- Content from multiple sources: TiVo’s UX was designed to accommodate multiple content sources, delivering users abundant entertainment choices from linear, on demand, and streaming apps.
- Personalization features: The entire experience is personalized, from recommendations to predictions, TiVo uses past viewing behavior to direct the user to the content they are most likely to enjoy.
- Customizable shortcuts: Users now have more control over their viewing experience with customizable shortcuts on the Home screen and the ability to favorite the apps they most frequently visit, giving them quick access to their content across platforms and providers.
An exact release date for the new interface has not been announced yet.
See what people are saying about this story in our forums area, or check out other recent discussions.
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.
James Cameron's Blockbuster Duo Avatar and Avatar: The Way of Water Bound For 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray June 20th