Posted Wed Jan 10, 2018 at 05:45 PM PST by Steven Cohen
The new compact projector can fit in the palm of your hand.
Sony has announced its latest mobile projector. The upcoming MP-CD1 offers a compact, portable design geared toward on-the-go business presentations, gaming, outdoor events, and movie nights.
The device is capable of projecting images with a resolution of 854 x 480 at up to 120 inches in size from a distance of 3.5m. Under the hood, the projector uses Texas Instruments' DLP IntelliBright technology to bolster brightness performance without sacrificing battery life. Brightness is rated for 105 ANSI lumens and the contrast ratio is listed as 400:1. A 5,000mAh battery is integrated as well, along with an HDMI port for connecting to a variety of media players, smartphones, and computers. Likewise, users can also purchase an optional HDMI dongle to enable wireless connectivity with supported devices. Charging is handled via a standard USB-C port, and the unit includes a tripod socket on its underside for stable placement. Finally, an auto keystone correction feature and a dynamic picture mode are offered as well.
Here's a full rundown of key specs and accessories per Sony:
- Projected Image Size: Max. 120 inches at projection distance of 3.45 m
- Contrast Ratio: 400:1
- Output Resolution: 854 x 480
- Colour Reproducibility: Full color (16,770,000 colors)
- Weight: Approx. 280g (9.9 oz)
- Continuous Projecting Time (Full Charge): Approx. 120 minutes (when fully charged and without power supply)
- Dimensions (W x H x L): Approx. 83.0 mm x 16.0 mm x 150.0 mm
- Accessories: Case (1), HDMI Cable 1m (1), USB-C Cable 1m (1), Micro USB to USB-C adaptor (1)
The Sony MP-CD1 mobile projector is set to launch this Spring for a suggested retail price of $400.
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.
Did Thor Really Think Retirement Would Last? 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray & Blu-ray Release Guide - September 25, 2022 - October 1, 2022