Posted Mon Oct 15, 2018 at 11:02 AM PDT by Tom Landy
Sam Raimi's classic starring Bruce Campbell is headed for a 4K upgrade in December.
Lionsgate is preparing Evil Dead 2 for 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray on December 11.
Ash, the sole survivor of The Evil Dead, returns to the same cabin in the woods and again unleashes the dead. With his girlfriend possessed and his body parts running amok, Ash must again single-handedly battle the damned in this unhinged horror classic!
The release will feature Dolby Vision HDR video, a lossless 5.1 soundtrack, and supplements include:
• NEW “Bloody and Groovy, Baby!” – A Tribute to Sam Raimi’s Evil Dead 2 Featurette
• Audio Commentary with writer-director Sam Raimi, actor Bruce Campbell, co-writer Scott Spiegel, and special make-up effects artist Greg Nicotero
• “Swallowed Souls: The Making of Evil Dead 2” Featurette
• “Cabin Fever – A ‘Fly on the Wall’ Look Behind-the-Scenes of Evil Dead 2” Featurette
• “Road to Wadesboro: Revisiting the Shooting Location with Filmmaker Tony Elwood” Featurette
• “Evil Dead 2: Behind-the-Screams” Featurette
• “The Gore The Merrier” Featurette
• Theatrical Trailer
• Still Galleries
You can find the latest specs for Evil Dead 2 - 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray linked from our 4K Blu-ray Release Schedule, where it is indexed under December 11.
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.