Posted Tue Jun 21, 2016 at 03:45 PM PDT by Steven Cohen
Two new projector models with 4K Enhancement Technology and HDR support have been revealed.
Today at CE Week in New York City, Epson announced the latest additions to its home theater projector lineup. The upcoming Pro Cinema 6040UB ($3,999) and Pro Cinema 4040 ($2,699) will be available in August.
"With mesmerizing resolution, up to a million-to-one dynamic contrast ratio and a full range of premium cinema features, the new Pro Cinema projectors are nothing short of amazing," said Rodrigo Catalan, senior product manager, Projectors, Epson America. "Moreover, the flagship Pro Cinema 6040UB offers a level of performance that challenges any 4K projector currently available on the market. Viewers will enjoy stunning quality 4K UHD movies whether delivered from a UHD Blu-ray disk or streaming services."
The Pro Cinema 6040UB and Pro Cinema 4040 both offer 4K UHD signal input and use 4K Enhancement Technology to shift each pixel diagonally by 0.5 pixels, effectively doubling their Full HD resolution to 3840 x 2160 (resolution remains 1080p in 3D Mode). Likewise, both models offer HDR (high dynamic range support) and the ability to display the full sRGB color space, even in the brightest mode, and the entire DCI color gamut in Digital Cinema Mode. In addition, the Pro Cinema 6040UBm meets the ISF Certification standard with independent image calibration tools and lockable memory modes.
Here's a full rundown of additional features per the press release:
- High Brightness: Ideal for dedicated theater rooms, the Pro Cinema 6040UB features 2,500 lumens of color brightness and 2,500 lumens of white brightness2 and the Pro Cinema 4040 features 2,300 lumens of color brightness and 2,300 lumens of white brightness2
- Image Enhancement Features: Super Resolution delivers defined edges and rich image quality, making content come alive; Detail Enhancement refines surface detail for true-to-life images; users can adjust levels of sharpness and detail enhancement
- Exquisite Contrast: Up to 1,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio for Ultra Blacks (Pro Cinema 6040UB) and up to 140,000:1 contrast ratio for rich detail in bright and dark scenes (Pro Cinema 4040
- Frame Interpolation: Generates multiple new frames between the originals, reducing motion blur and providing a smoother, theater-like experience
- Auto Iris Technology: Adjusts the aperture to provide the optimum contrast and brightness for each scene
- Centered Lens Design: Makes installation easy to plan and carry out with simpler lens-to-screen alignment
- Picture-in-Picture Mode: Enables twice the content at once from two HDMI inputs on a single screen
- Home Entertainment Hub: Supports HDMI for seamless compatibility with cable/satellite boxes, Blu-ray Disc/DVD players and gaming consoles. It even connects to smartphones, tablets, and streaming devices such as Chromecast™, Roku®, Amazon Fire™ TV and Apple TV®; also connect your computer, GoPro® and more
- Color Brightness Specification: Brilliant image quality requires high color brightness; Epson projectors utilize 3LCD, 3-chip technology and offer up to 3x higher color brightness than leading competitive projectors
- Pro Cinema Kit: Features a three-year limited warranty (90 days on lamps), ISF certification, a ceiling mount, cable cover, and extra lamp for added installation flexibility
The new Pro Cinema projectors are now on display at Epson's booth #116 at CE Week June 21-23 in New York City.
Source: Epson via PR Newswire
See what people are saying about this story in our forums area, or check out other recent discussions.
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.