Posted Thu Mar 23, 2017 at 07:30 AM PDT by Steven Cohen
The new receiver offers a stylish design and wireless surround sound capabilities.
Denon has announced the latest addition to its HEOS line of multi-room entertainment devices. The HEOS AVR offers 5.1 channel support, wireless connectivity, and a slimline design.
The HEOS AVR features a sleek form factor along with 5.1-channel surround sound playback and HEOS wireless multi-room music streaming. Likewise, the device uses powerful built-in Class D amplification and can even be used with wireless HEOS speakers for the surround channels, allowing customers to use a mix of both wired and wireless speakers. In addition, the receiver includes four HDMI 2.0a/HDCP 2.2 inputs for 4K Ultra HD video passthrough.
Here's a full rundown of key specs and features per the press release:
- Combines up to 5.1ch top-class surround sound with the ease-of-use of a soundbar
- Wireless surround channels using a pair of any HEOS speakers
- Unique industrial design with dark silver chassis and HEOS family style
- 5x 50W powerful class D amplification capable to drive your favorite speakers
- Latest HDMI and 4K UltraHD compatibility with 4 HDMI inputs
- HEOS music streaming and multi-room technology built-in
- Intuitive app-based set-up and operation; additional compact remote control
- Supports all major streaming formats, including high resolution audio: DSD (2.4, 5.6 Mhz), FLAC, WAV, ALAC (192 / 24), MP3, WMA, AAC File Playback (USB / Network)
- Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio
- Control basic functions of the HEOS AVR with a remote
- Bluetooth streaming
The HEOS AVR is expected to start shipping in April for a suggested retail price of $999. In addition, the company also recently announced its new S-Series line of Network AV receivers as well -- including the upcoming AVR-S530BT ($279), AVR-S730H ($479), and AVR-S930H ($579).
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.