Posted Fri May 13, 2016 at 02:30 PM PDT by Steven Cohen
Two new receiver models with immersive audio support have been detailed.
Denon has unveiled the latest additions to its X-Series lineup of AV receivers. The new AVR-X1300W ($599) and AVR-X2300W ($799) are both 7.2 channel models with Dolby Atmos and future DTS:X support. Likewise, both receivers include 4K video passthrough with HDCP 2.2 compliancy and HDR playback, along with high-res audio support.
Here's a full rundown of notable features and specs:
AVR-X1300W ($599) - Key Features
- 7.2 channel AV Receiver, 80W per channel at 8 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 0.08%THD
- Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support; built-in Bluetooth®
- 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR and BT.2020
- 6 HDMI inputs (incl. 1 front) with full HDCP 2.2 support
- Dolby Atmos (up to 5.1.2) and DTS:X (via firmware update)
- AirPlay®, Internet Radio, Pandora®*, Spotify Connect®*, SiriusXM™*, DLNA® 1.5*
- DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC, AIFF and WAV support
- Audyssey MultEQ XT, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ
- Color-coded speaker terminals, Setup Assistant
- Denon 2016 AVR Remote App
- Intelligent ECO mode with off/on/auto setting
AVR-X2300W ($799) - Additional Features
- 7.2 channel AV Receiver, 95W per channel at 8 ohms,20-20kHz, 0.08%THD
- 8 HDMI inputs (incl. 1 front) with full HDCP 2.2 support; 2 HDMI outputs
- Advanced Video Processing with 4K Scaling for HDMI sources
- ISF video calibration
- 3rd Party control option; RS232C Port
In addition, Denon also recently released two new S-Series receivers: the AVR-S720W ($479) and AVR-S920W ($579). Both models are 7.2 channel units with integrated support for Dolby Atmos and future support for DTS:X via an upcoming firmware update.
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.