Posted Tue Jan 3, 2017 at 02:15 PM PST by Steven Cohen
The new 4K displays will offer integrated Amazon Fire TV support.
Seiki, Westinghouse, and Element Electronics have announced a new line of Amazon Fire TV Edition 4K Ultra HD TVs. The new displays will feature the Amazon Fire TV experience built-in along with support for a voice remote with Amazon Alexa.
"Smart TVs can be cumbersome and difficult to use," said Sung Choi, vice president of marketing, Tongfang Global. "Our new line of 4K Ultra HD Smart TVs – Amazon Fire TV Edition represent an elevated customer experience powered by the highest performance processors in the industry, a unique voice-controlled remote control, and Amazon's cinematic viewing experience. With Amazon Fire TV built in and a voice remote with Alexa, access to movies, videos, music, gaming, and more is simple, easy, and intuitive."
Amazon Fire TV Edition displays offer easy access to streaming and over-the-air content all in one place, including more than 7,000 channels, apps, and Alexa skills, along with live TV broadcasts when used with a separate HD antenna. In addition, the TVs feature an on-screen programming guide and an Alexa voice remote, allowing users to launch apps, search for content, play music, control smart home devices, and more through voice commands.
Here's a full rundown of key features for all Seiki, Westinghouse, and Element Fire TV Edition 4K Ultra HD Smart TVs per the press release:
- Sizes: 43", 50", 55" and 65"
- 4K Ultra HD 3,840 by 2,160 panel resolution on all models
- The latest Amazon Fire TV user interface, including easy access to over-the-air TV programming (separate HD antenna required), simple TV input setup, and component switching
- Through the included voice remote with Alexa, customers can search for content and programming, control TV inputs and settings, and access Alexa skills to play music, get the news, check weather, sports scores, and more
- Voice remote with Alexa enabled control of smart home devices from multiple brands, including Belkin WeMo, Philips Hue, Wink, Insteon, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, TP-Link, Ecobee and more
- Access to more than 7,000 channels, games, apps and Alexa skills, including over 300,000 TV episodes and movies from Amazon Video, HBO NOW, Hulu and more
- Amazon Prime customers get unlimited access to Prime Video, featuring thousands of movies and TV episodes at no additional cost to their membership. Plus, with Amazon Channels, Prime members can now get HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, PBS KIDS, and over 100 more services. They only pay for the channels they want—no cable required, no additional apps to download, and easy online cancellation.
- 3 GB memory and 16 GB internal storage
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and Ethernet connectivity
- Streaming resolution at 4K Ultra HD (2160p), 1080p, 720p up to 60 fps
- One-year limited warranty and great customer support
The Fire TV Edition display lineup will be available through Amazon and other authorized retailers later this year. Pricing has not been announced yet.
Source: PR Newswire
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.
Did Thor Really Think Retirement Would Last? 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray & Blu-ray Release Guide - September 25, 2022 - October 1, 2022