THE OUTSIDERStakes place in '60s Oklahoma,centringontwo rival teen gangs: The“Greasers,”a classterm that refers to the young men on the East Side,the poor side of town, and the “Socs,” short for Socials, who are the“West-side rich kids.”Ponyboy (C. Thomas Howell), a tender-hearted and kind teenager’s life is changed forever one night when a scuffle with his friend Johnny (Ralph Macchio)inadvertently leads to the death of a rival gang member, and the boys are forced to go into hiding to avoidarrest. Soon Ponyboy and Johnny, along with Dallas (Matt Dillon) and their other Greaser buddies, must contend with the consequences of their violent lives. While some Greasers try to achieve redemption,others meet tragic ends.
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- NEW 4K RESTORATIONS of The Outsiders The Complete Novel and The Outsiders
- HDR PRESENTATIONS OF BOTH VERSIONS OF THE FILM
- NEW Restoration Interview with Cinematographer Stephen Burum, Zoetrope Head of Archives and Restorations James Mockoski and Colourist Gregg Garvin
- NEW Deleted Scenes
- NEW Francis Ford Coppola Introduction
- NEW Francis Ford Coppola Anatomy of a Scene
- NEW Old House New Home featurette
- Audio Commentary with Francis Ford Coppola
- Audio Commentary with Matt Dillon, C. Thomas Howell, Diane Lane, Rob Lowe, Ralph Macchio and Patrick Swayze.
- Staying Gold: A look Back at "The Outsiders"
- S.E. Hinton on Location in Tulsa
- The Casting of "The Outsiders"
- NBC's News Today from 1983 "The Outsiders Started by School Petition"
- Deleted and Extended Scenes