This disc has not yet been reviewed. The following information has been provided by the distributor.
“In this definitive spaghetti western, Franco Nero (Keoma, The Fifth Cord) gives a career-defining performance as Django, a mysterious loner who arrives at a mud-drenched ghost town on the Mexico-US border, ominously dragging a coffin behind him. After saving imperilled prostitute Maria (Loredana Nusciak), Django becomes embroiled in a brutal feud between a racist gang and a band of Mexican revolutionaries…
With Django, director Sergio Corbucci (The Great Silence) upped the ante for sadism and sensationalism in westerns, depicting machine-gun massacres, mud-fighting prostitutes and savage mutilations. A huge hit with international audiences, Django’s brand of bleak nihilism would be repeatedly emulated in a raft of unofficial sequels.
The film is presented here in an exclusive new restoration with a wealth of extras.
4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
• Restoration of Django from a 4K scan of the original camera negative by Arrow Films
• 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation, in Dolby Vision, (HDR10 compatible)
• Uncompressed Mono 1.0 PCM audio
• Original English and Italian soundtracks
• English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
• Audio commentary by film critic, historian and theorist Stephen Prince
• Django Never Dies, an interview with star Franco Nero
• Cannibal of the Wild West, an interview with assistant director Ruggero Deodato
• Sergio, My Husband, an interview with Sergio Corbucci’s wife Nori Corbucci
• That’s My Life: Part 1, an archival interview with co-writer Franco Rossetti
• A Rock ‘n’ Roll Scriptwriter, an archival interview with co-writer Piero Vivarelli
• A Punch in the Face, an archival interview with stuntman and actor Gilberto Galimberti
• Discovering Django, an appreciation by spaghetti westerns scholar Austin Fisher
• An Introduction to Django by Alex Cox, an archival featurette with the acclaimed director
• Gallery of original promotional images from the Mike Siegel archive
• Original trailers
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sean Phillips”