Ultra HD Releases Details
The Warriors - Arrow Standard Edition 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray
THESE ARE THE ARMIES OF THE NIGHT.
In 1979, fresh from directing bare knuckle boxing movie Hard Times and supercool crime thriller The Driver, Walter Hill delivered his third stone cold classic in a row: The Warriors, a slam-bang, visually kinetic action movie that mixed a heightened comic-book sensibility with a timeless tale from ancient Greece and set them loose in the streets of modern America.
In New York the gangs outnumber the cops by 5-1. Together, they could rule the city. Gang-leader Cyrus has a dream to do just that and calls a summit. The gangs of New York gather in their thousands, Cyrus takes the stage. From somewhere in the crowd a shot rings out and Cyrus falls down dead. In the chaos that follows, a small gang from Coney Island – the Warriors – are blamed. Now everyone is out to get them. On foot, in enemy territory, can they make it through the night to get back across the city to the safety of home turf?
For all you boppers out there, for all you street people with an ear for the action… the iconic cult classic is back in a 4K restoration approved by director Walter Hill. Can you dig it?
4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
- 4K remaster of the Theatrical Cut from the original camera negative supervised by Arrow Films and approved by director Walter Hill
- 4K Ultra HD (2160p) Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
- Original uncompressed mono, plus stereo 2.0 and Dolby Atmos audio options
- Optional English Subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary by film critic Walter Chaw, author of A Walter Hill Film
- War Stories, an interview with director Walter Hill
- Whole Lotta Magic, a roundtable discussion in which filmmakers Josh Olson (A History of Violence), Lexi Alexander (Green Street Hooligans), and Robert D. Krzykowski (The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot) discuss their love of The Warriors and the work of director Walter Hill
- Battling Boundaries, an interview with editor Billy Weber
- Gang Style, an interview with costume designer Bobbie Mannix
- Armies of the Night, a look at costume designs and photographs from the archive of designer Bobbie Mannix
- Sound of the Streets, an appreciation of composer Barry De Vorzon and the music of The Warriors by film historian Neil Brand
- Isolated score option
- Come Out to Play, a look at the iconic locations of the Warriors’ Coney Island home turf
- The Beginning, an archival extra looking back on how The Warriors came to be, featuring interviews with producer Lawrence Gordon, actor James Remar, editor David Holden, and writer/director Walter Hill
- Battleground, an archival extra in which director Walter Hill and assistant director David O. Sosna look back at the difficulties of shooting on location in New York City
- The Way Home, an archival extra focusing on the look of film with contributions from director of photography Andrew Laszlo
- The Phenomenon, an archival extra featuring director Walter Hill and the cast of The Warriors
- Theatrical trailer
- Image gallery
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Laurie Greasley
March Comes In Like A 2160p HDR Lion - HDD's March 2024 4K UHD Shopping GuideBy:
Edward Zwick's Glory 35th Anniversary 4K UHD Limited Edition SteelBook Arrives on June 4By:
Turbine Reissues 3-Disc Pitch Black Director's Cut 4K UHD Set with Their World-Exclusive Atmos Audio Feb 29thBy:
Sergio Leone's Once Upon a Time in the West Coming to 4K UHD May 14By: