This disc has not yet been reviewed. The following information has been provided by the distributor.
Patrick (US Limited Edition 4K UHD)
Director: Richard Franklin
Cast: Susan Penhaligon, Robert Helpmann, Robert Thompson, Julia Blake, Bruce Barry
From director Richard Franklin (Roadgames) comes Patrick, a terrifying fusion of science-fiction and Hitchockian suspense thriller, starring Susan Penhaligon (House of Mortal Sin), Robert Helpmann (The Red Shoes), and Robert Thompson (Thirst).
Murderer Patrick (Thompson) is kept in a comatose state between life and death, under the watchful eye of the eccentric Dr Roget (Helpmann). When he is assigned a caring new nurse, Kathy (Penhaligon), he becomes possessive, and uses telekinetic powers to torment anyone who comes between them.
Produced by Antony I Ginnane (Snapshot), written by Everett De Roche (Harlequin), and scored by Brian May (Mad Max), Patrick’s unprecedented international success made it a landmark of the Australian New Wave.
INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION 4K UHD SPECIAL FEATURES
• Brand-new 4K HDR restoration from the original negative by Powerhouse Films
• 4K (2160p) UHD presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
• Three presentations of the film: the original Australian theatrical version; the shortened US theatrical cut with American dubbing; and the Italian theatrical version, featuring an alternative score by Italian prog legends Goblin and presented with English subtitles for the first time
• Original mono audio
• Audio commentary with director Richard Franklin and screenwriter Everett De Roche (2002)
• On-Set Interview with Richard Franklin (1978): behind-the-scenes interview with the Patrick director conducted by Australian film critic Ivan Hutchinson
• Interview with Richard Franklin (2001): previously unseen interview in which the director discusses Patrick
• A Coffee Break with Antony I Ginnane (2009): the renowned genre-film producer revisits Patrick
• ‘Not Quite Hollywood’ Interview Excerpts (2008): extensive selection of outtakes from Mark Hartley’s acclaimed documentary on Australian cinema, featuring Franklin, De Roche, Ginnane, and stars Susan Penhaligon and Rod Mullinar
• Stephen Morgan on ‘Patrick’ (2023): appreciation by the academic and Australian cinema specialist
• Original Australian theatrical trailer
• Original US theatrical trailer
• TV spots
• Image gallery: promotional and publicity material, and behind the scenes
• New and improved English translation subtitles
• Newly translated English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
• Limited edition exclusive 80-page book with a new essay by Alan Miller, exclusive extracts from director Richard Franklin and producer Antony I Ginnane’s unpublished memoirs; archival interviews with screenwriter Everett De Roche and special-effects supervisor Conrad Rothmann, and full film credits
• World premiere on 4K UHD
• Limited edition of 10,000 individually numbered units (6,000 4K UHDs and 4,000 Blu-rays) for the UK and US
All extras subject to change