Considered unfilmable for decades, Hunter S. Thompson's literary landmark of psychedelic excess finally met its cinematic match in anarchic visionary director Terry Gilliam (Twelve Monkeys) and two no-holds-barred star performances by Johnny Depp and Benicio del Toro.
Raoul Duke (Depp) and his volatile Samoan attorney Dr. Gonzo (del Toro) are en route to Las Vegas, ostensibly on a banal journalistic assignment, but the suitcase full of psychoactive narcotics in their possession tells another story. Beset by bats, horny lizards and runaway hotel carpet upon their arrival, the pair plunge deeper into the pharmaceutically enhanced neon underbelly of the City of Sin on a chemically charged savage journey to the heart of the American Dream.
Flashback to Gilliam and Thompson's trip of a lifetime with this 4K restoration, accompanied by an outstanding selection of bonus material delving into the history of the film and the original book.
- 4K RESTORATION from the original negative approved by Terry Gilliam
- DOLBY VISION/HDR PRESENTATION OF THE FILM
- Original 5.1 & 2.0 DTS-HD Master Audio
- Optional subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Feature commentary by Terry Gilliam, moderated by Phil Stubbs
- Savage: Finding The American Nightmare, an appreciation by film historian Ian Christie
- The Gonzo Papers, an interview with producer Laila Nabulsi
- Grim Memories & Bad Flashbacks, an interview with star Benicio del Toro
- Ignore This Terrible Drug: The Art and Style of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, a featurette including interviews with cinematographer Nicola Pecorini, production designer Alex McDowall, costume designer Julie Weiss and editor Lesley Walker
- Four deleted scenes with optional commentary by Gilliam, including the excised prologue A Dress Pattern
- Spotlight on Location, an original promotional featurette featuring interviews with Gilliam, Depp and del Toro
- Behind the scenes 'B-roll' footage and additional EPK interviews with Gilliam, Depp and del Toro
- Theatrical trailers and TV spots
- Extensive image galleries, including original production designs, storyboards and production stills
- Reversible sleeve featuring two artwork choices
- Illustrated collector's booklet featuring writing on the film by Roger Keen and original production notes
- Limited Edition slipcover featuring Ralph Steadman's classic illustration Bats Over Barstow