Sometimes the only way to uphold justice is to break the law.
From Errol Flynn to Disney, Hollywood has long been fascinated with the legend of Robin Hood. Helmed by director Kevin Reynolds (Waterworld, The Count of Monte Cristo), Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves pays homage to the past while transforming the famous outlaw of Sherwood Forest into a movie icon fit for the 1990s.
Robin of Locksley (Kevin Costner, Waterworld) returns from the Crusades to find his father dead and vows revenge. With his Moorish companion Azeem (Morgan Freeman, Unforgiven), he joins a band of peasant rebels to do battle against the wicked Sheriff of Nottingham (Alan Rickman, Die Hard) and win the hand of the fair Maid Marian (Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, The Abyss), cousin of the absent King of England.
This grand, swashbuckling adventure in the classic tradition is brought to life by an all-star supporting cast, including Christian Slater (True Romance), Brian Blessed (Flash Gordon) and a memorable cameo from Sean Connery (himself a former Robin Hood), plus an instantly recognizable score by Michael Kamen (Highlander) – not to mention a chart-topping Bryan Adams theme song. Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves dazzles in an all-new 4K restoration, accompanied by a king’s ransom of new and archival bonus features.
- Brand new 4K restorations of both the theatrical and extended cuts from the original negative by Arrow Films
- 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation of both cuts in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
- Limited Edition packaging with reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Paul Shipper
- 60-page perfect-bound illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Jackson Cooper and Mark Cunliffe
- Double-sided fold-out poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Paul Shipper
- Double-sided fold-out poster featuring newly commissioned artwork by José Saccone
- Six double-sided, postcard-sized artcards
- Original uncompressed stereo and DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary with director Kevin Reynolds and actor Kevin Costner
- Audio commentary with actors Morgan Freeman and Christian Slater and writers/producers Pen Densham and John Watson
- Here We Are Kings: Making Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves – a brand new, multi-part documentary featuring brand new interviews with Densham, Watson, director of photography Douglas Milsome, editor Peter Boyle, costume designer John Bloomfield and many more members of the creative team
- Robin Hood: The Myth, the Man, the Movie – an archival 1991 documentary hosted by Pierce Brosnan
- One-on-One with the Cast – archival 1991 interviews with Costner, Freeman, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, Slater and Alan Rickman
- Bryan Adams “(Everything I Do) I Do It for You” performance at Slane Castle, Ireland
- Music soundtrack cues
- Theatrical trailer
- TV spots
- Image gallery