This disc has not yet been reviewed. The following information has been provided by the distributor.
STEALING. CHEATING. KILLING.
WHO SAYS ROMANCE IS DEAD?
In 1993, action movie supremo Tony Scott teamed up with a hot new screenwriter named Quentin Tarantino to bring True Romance to the screen, one of the most beloved and widely-quoted films of the decade.
Elvis-worshipping comic book store employee Clarence Worley (Christian Slater) is minding his own business at a Sonny Chiba triple bill when Alabama Whitman (Patricia Arquette) walks into his life – and from then on, the two are inseparable. Within 24 hours, they’re married and on the run after Clarence is forced to kill Alabama’s possessive, psychopathic pimp. Driving a Cadillac across the country from Detroit to Hollywood, the newlyweds plan to sell off a suitcase full of stolen drugs to fund a new life for themselves… but little do they suspect that the cops and the Mafia are closing in on them. Will they escape and make their dream of a happy ending come true?
Breathtaking action set pieces and unforgettably snappy dialogue combine with a murderers’ row of sensational performances from a stunning ensemble cast in Scott and Tarantino’s blood-soaked, bullet-riddled valentine, finally restored in dazzling 4K with hours of brilliant bonus features.
4K DUAL FORMAT STEELBOOK EDITION CONTENTS
• New 4K restorations of both the Theatrical Cut and the Director’s Cut from the original camera negatives by Arrow Films
• 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible) and High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation of both cuts
• Limited Edition SteelBook packaging with newly commissioned artwork by Sam Gilbey
• 32-page collectors’ booklet featuring new writing on the film by Kim Morgan and Nicholas Clement
• Original uncompressed stereo audio and DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround audio
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Audio commentary by director Tony Scott
• Audio commentary by writer Quentin Tarantino
• Audio commentary by stars Christian Slater & Patricia Arquette
• Audio commentary by critic Tim Lucas
• Select scene commentaries by stars Dennis Hopper, Val Kilmer, Brad Pitt and Michael Rapaport
• Brand new select scene commentaries by stars Bronson Pinchot and Saul Rubinek
• New interview with costume designer Susan Becker
• New interview with co-editor Michael Tronick
• New interview with co-composers Mark Mancina and John Van Tongeren
• New interview with Larry Taylor, author of Tony Scott: A Filmmaker on Fire
• Deleted scenes with optional commentary by Tony Scott
• Alternate ending with optional commentaries by Tony Scott and Quentin Tarantino
• Electronic press kit featurettes, behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with Tony Scott, Christian Slater, Patricia Arquette, Dennis Hopper and Gary Oldman
• Trailers and TV spots
• Image galleries”